Okay everyone, so we get a TON of questions regarding nutrition like:
“What should I be eating?”
“How do I lose this belly fat?”
“What are the best foods to eat?”
We know that proper nutrition can be a challenge when reaching your fitness goals! We are going to take all that guess work out for you! We don’t want to just give our members great workouts, but provide reliable education on exercise and nutrition! Another common question we get is:
“What are MACROS?”
Don’t worry! We are going to cover this topic! Understanding your macronutrients is going to help you take that next step to get six pack summer shredded!
- Okay, Where Do I Start?
Alrighty, let’s start by covering the basics! We will keep this as simple as possible, no technical terms! Macros are how we describe what your calories are made up of. There are three macronutrients to cover:
- Protein – Protein is the primary building block for muscle and recovery! Protein has these things called amino acids, that help repair your body from exercise! Neat, right? Protein is the most satiating of the three macros, which means it helps keep your tummy full!
- Carbohydrates – Carbohydrates aka Carbs are the body’s main source of immediate energy! Carbs help us sustain energy in our everyday lives and fill our muscles with what we call “glycogen,” which is important for muscle growth! Carbs have a “protein sparing” effect, which means it helps prevent your body from using the protein in your body as energy, so it can be used instead to build muscle and recover!
- Fats – Fats are primarily used for regulating hormones in the body! A minimum amount of fat is required to balance the hormones in your body! If you want to learn more about how fat is used in the body along with the other macronutrients, take a look at this article below from bodybuilding.com
- Alright, So why is this important to me?
Well, understanding macros is important to successfully losing weight or getting your dream body! Everyone requires a different amount of energy and macros to reach their goals! This is one of the reasons why HIT Fit offers our nutrition program! We want fitness to improve your life not add further stress and it can be stressful to try and calculate what you should be eating and how much! Let us do the busy work for you!
There are so many foods out there that have a different ratio of macros and a different amount of calories. Most people understand what “healthy” food is, but many people are unaware of the exact amount of energy, protein, carbs or fats in the food they are eating!
- How Will The Nutrition Program Help Me Reach My Goals?
When starting a fitness program with us, we’ll take a look at your current diet and what we need to re-evaluate. The nutrition we prescribe to you will be dictated by the following but not limited to:
- Body Fat %
- Muscle Mass
- Activity Level
After your assessment, we will let you know how many calories you require and what those calories are made up of, giving you food options that will be unique to you based on your preferences and goals! We understand how overwhelming this might all be, so let’s make sure that we remove that added stress and let us do the work for you! If you are ready to change your life and finally get the body you desire, ask about our nutrition program during your next visit or sign up for a FREE consultation at the link below!